- Ifo Institute: Expectations for German industry have dropped recordAdministrator • 2020-04-08 08:30:04German industrial production is likely to fall sharply in the second quarter, the Ifo Institute (ifo) said today, after its index measuring expectations for developments in this sector reported the biggest decline since its inception in 1991.
- Energy consumption in the country so far is not affected by the quarantine due to COVID-19Administrator • 2020-04-08 07:30:16Electricity consumption in Bulgaria has so far not been affected by the declared quarantine due to COVID-19. This shows an analysis by the Energy Management Institute.
- Portugal increases loans to mitigate coronavirusAdministrator • 2020-04-08 06:30:08Portugal is increasing its credit lines for companies experiencing difficulties over the coronavirus pandemic to a total of 4.2 billion euros, the government said, after the European Commission approved a financial package to support government finances, Reuters reported.
- Turkey puts lemons exports under controlAdministrator • 2020-04-08 05:30:16Turkey is bringing lemons exports under control amid increased domestic demand in connection with the coronavirus pandemic, reported in. Hurriyet Daily News”, referring to an official announcement published today in the Turkish State Gazette.
- Air France halted freight flights between Charles de Gaulle airport and ShanghaiAdministrator • 2020-04-08 04:30:18French airline Air France (Air France) halted cargo flights carrying medical equipment and masks between Paris's Charles de Gaulle airport and Shanghai following tightening of health control measures in China. This was announced today by the airline, quoted by France Press and BTA.
- Olaf Scholz: Europe needs a clear signal of solidarityAdministrator • 2020-04-08 03:30:17The European Union can now show solidarity by approving the three fiscal measures aimed at minimising the effects of the COVID-19 crisis. This was stated today before talks with his EU colleagues, German Finance Minister Olaf Scholz, quoted by DPA.
- Eurogroup to discuss large-scale economic recovery planAdministrator • 2020-04-08 03:30:04Eurogroup President Mariu Centenou said at today's video conference meeting of eurozone finance ministers that the group would discuss the largest in its history plan for the recovery of the economy after the coronavirus pandemic, TASS and France Press reported.
- Over half of machine-building plants in France renewed workAdministrator • 2020-04-08 00:30:16Over half of the companies in the machinery sector in France have renewed work, the branch federation announced today, quoted by France Press. However, it expects a significant drop in results for 2020 due to the coronavirus crisis.