- Economic activity in France shrank by 35% due to quarantineAdministrator • 2020-03-27 07:30:09Economic activity and household spending in France fell 35 percent to about 65 percent from normal levels because of the coronavirus outbreak, the national statistics office said today, quoted by world agencies.
- Airbus cuts wing production for its planes in three weeksAdministrator • 2020-03-27 05:30:04European airliner Airbus (Airbus) has been cutting wing production for its planes for three weeks as it delays the workflow to introduce additional measures to protect the health and safety of its employees amid the coronavirus pandemic. This was announced today by the company, quoted by Reuters.
- Spanish minister: Speculation pushes up prices for medical productsAdministrator • 2020-03-27 04:30:04In the global market for medical supplies needed to combat the coronavirus pandemic, such as safety masks and tests, there is great speculation, driving up prices. This was stated today by Spain's Foreign Minister Arancha González, quoted by Reuters.
- Singapore earmarks $30bn to support businesses over coronavirusAdministrator • 2020-03-27 03:30:15Singapore today announced new measures worth more than $30 billion to support the country's businesses and households in their fight against the new coronavirus pandemic that threatens to plunge this flagship economy into a deep recession, Reuters reported.
- Mayor of Pleven proposes: No rents for municipal sites closed because of the state of emergencyAdministrator • 2020-03-27 02:30:04Mayor of Pleven Georg Spartanski will propose to the Municipal Council to completely simplify the rents of all municipal trade and sports sites closed because of the introduced emergency.
- ECB will not buy out bonds under a programme created during the debt crisisAdministrator • 2020-03-27 01:30:18The European Central Bank (ECB) is not planning to unblock its extraordinary bond buyout programme, known as Direct Money Transactions (DPT), as the institution says the scheme is not suitable for combating the coronavirus crisis, sources familiar with the opinion said today the bank and quoted by Reuters.
- Workers of the Ovochisht mine wait for what is due from the Debt Guarantee FundAdministrator • 2020-03-27 00:30:17Former and current employees of Euromangan EAD (Obrochishte manganese mine), having accrued and outstanding wages, should apply to the Debt Guarantee Fund - reported by the Labor Inspectorate in Dobrich.
- In just a week: 3.28 million Americans unemployed because of coronavirusAdministrator • 2020-03-26 23:30:18The number of Americans who applied for unemployment benefits jumped to a record above 3 million last week, news agencies reported, BTA reports.