- Radosvet Radev: Bulgaria could become Europe's factory for masks and protective clothingAdministrator • 2020-03-22 22:30:18People rely on business to get their salaries and income, the Treasury relies on business taxes and that is what the state is supported, BIA Chairman Radosvet Radev commented to BTV.
- Goranov: The text on fixed prices should be revotedAdministrator • 2020-03-22 22:30:05“I believe that this measure (for price cap) will lead to more defects than effects. I do not think that this text proposed by the BSP is useful. I would suggest that after the publication of the State of Emergency Act, if such a decision is reached, it should be reviewed as quickly as possible, because such measures, even in a crisis like this, are inoperable. They may rather lead to a problem of shortage of supply of certain goods than to solve a problem that is not existent at this stage in front of our market... I do not like this text and I do not want it to act.” This was stated by BNR a short time ago Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov.
- 85% of passenger airlines' aircraft idleAdministrator • 2020-03-22 21:30:17Eighty-five percent of Turkish national airline carrier Turkish Airlines are not currently used after Turkey banned flights from more than 60 countries because of the coronavirus outbreak, Reuters reported.
- Slovenia: Our only nuclear power plant not affected by Croatia earthquakeAdministrator • 2020-03-22 21:30:05Slovenia said its only nuclear power station, the Krsko nuclear power plant, was unaffected by the earthquake in neighbouring Croatia today, but authorities have launched an inspection of systems and equipment as a normal preventive measure, Reuters reported.
- Temenuzhka Petkova: The measures we have taken are relevant to the situationAdministrator • 2020-03-22 20:30:18“Each country, in accordance with its economic parameters and capabilities, may take such measures as it deems most appropriate. We have made our assessment and the measures that we believe are relevant to the situation have already been materialised in the Law on Emergency.” This was what Minister of Energy Temenuzhka Petkova told BNR.
- Albania suspends all commercial flightsAdministrator • 2020-03-22 19:30:17Albania will suspend all commercial flights to and from the country from midnight, with its national airline carrier Air Albania allowed to fly only to Turkey and operate humanitarian flights, according to the government and the airport operator, Reuters reported.
- “Turkish-Airlines” with no international flights since March 27, rides only to MoscowAdministrator • 2020-03-22 18:30:15Turkish national carrier Turkish Airlines will halt all international flights from March 27, except those to Moscow, New York, Washington, Hong Kong and Ethiopia, Reuters and BTA reported.
- Up to £2500 a month for Bulgarians working on the Island but affected by COVID-19Administrator • 2020-03-22 06:30:17The UK government will cover 80 per cent of the salaries of Britons who do not work because of measures to combat the coronavirus, the London Evening Standard newspaper writes. This was announced by Finance Minister Rishi Sunak.