- Minister Petkova said about the energy system against the background of COVID-19Administrator • 2020-03-23 05:30:15Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova reassured society about the state of Bulgarian energy, stressing that the sector will last as long as necessary in the state of emergency.
- “Aeroflot” stops flights to BulgariaAdministrator • 2020-03-23 03:30:16Russian airline carrier Aeroflot is halting flights to a number of nations amid the spread of Covid-19, TASS reported.
- Debates on trillion package continue in US dollars for the economyAdministrator • 2020-03-23 02:30:17Republicans and Democrats in the U.S. Senate scrambled last night to reach an agreement on the release of a more than a trillion dollar financial package to ease the economic consequences of the pandemic for workers, industry and small businesses, Reuters reported.
- Alcohol traded at 6.85 BGN per liter on the Sofia Stock ExchangeAdministrator • 2020-03-23 01:30:17In the sub-round “Food” prices of the main raw materials continue to be stable and unchanged, trade is more volatile, reports the Sofia Stock Exchange /USB/. There is a strong interest for ethyl pure spirit, where this week there are no small quantities at the price of 6.85 lv per liter, reported by the exchange.
- China diverts international flights to Beijing to other airports because of Covid-19Administrator • 2020-03-23 01:30:04China's Civil Aviation Management said that starting tomorrow, all international flights to Beijing will be diverted to 12 other airports as part of measures to tackle the coronavirus, Reuters and DPA reported.
- 300% US gun sales growth after pandemicAdministrator • 2020-03-23 00:30:17U.S. firearm sales are growing rapidly amid the spread of coronavirus contamination. Revenue at one of America's largest online gun stores - ammo.com, in February grew by 309%, and the number of online orders increased by 222%.
- Employers are also demanding a veto over fixed pricesAdministrator • 2020-03-23 00:30:05The Association of Industrial Capital in Bulgaria (AICB) issued a declaration this morning demanding that the president exercise his right of partial veto on a member of the transitional and final provisions of the Law on Emergency, imposing essentially fixed prices on everything. With a similar declaration yesterday came out of the Association for Modern Trade, of which all major retail chains in Bulgaria (see here)
- Over 1,000 employees of the Doonfeng car company returned to work in WuhanAdministrator • 2020-03-22 23:30:17A special train carrying over 1,000 employees of one of China's major automotive companies, Dongfeng Motor Corporation, arrived yesterday afternoon in Wuhan, the city hit most serously by the COVID-19 outbreak.