- Sunak: We don't choose between English health and economyAdministrator • 2020-04-15 03:30:04Britain's government faces no choice between slowing the spread of the coronavirus and protecting the economy. This was stated today by Finance Minister Rishi Sunak, quoted by Reuters.
- Up to 1.4m welfare applications in the UK have grownAdministrator • 2020-04-15 02:30:16Britain has received around 1.4 million new applications for welfare payments - nearly seven times the normal level since Prime Minister Boris Johnson invited people a month ago to stay home after the coronavirus outbreak gained momentum, Reuters reported.
- Thailand's economy could get worse than the 1997 financial crisisAdministrator • 2020-04-14 23:30:16The Thai economy could shrink to its lowest level since 1997, when Asia was gripped by a financial crisis. This will happen if the country fails to contain the coronavirus outbreak soon, a banking organisation cited by DPA has warned.
- France sues Amazon and halted some of its work, the giant didn't defend its footage from COVID-19Administrator • 2020-04-14 21:30:16A French court today reprimanded online trading giant Amazon over insufficient action to protect its employees from the coronavirus and ordered the company to temporarily suspend a number of its activities, DPA reported.
- IMF: Greek economy could shrink by 10%Administrator • 2020-04-14 21:30:03Greece's economy is expected to record a record decline of 10 percent this year as a result of the macroeconomic shock triggered by the coronavirus pandemic, according to a forecast by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) published today, Kathimerini newspaper reports.
- Farmers received BGN 445 million for green payments for Campaign 2019Administrator • 2020-04-14 19:30:16Agriculture Fund paid nearly BGN 445 million (BGN 444 855 722) for Campaign-2019 under the Payment Scheme for Agricultural Practices that are favourable to the climate and the environment - Green Direct Payments (PDA). Support under the scheme is received by 56,490 farmers who observe climate-friendly farming practices, BTA quoted the fund as saying.
- Extraordinary decree of the Cabinet on mandatory sales of regional products in all stores!Administrator • 2020-04-14 18:30:05Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and the members of the Council of Ministers held an extraordinary government meeting via videoconferencing. This was reported by a government information service.
- Ninova erupted: Retail chains beat governmentAdministrator • 2020-04-14 17:30:05Retail chains beat the government. This is what BSP leader Kornelia Ninova wrote on her Facebook account on the occasion of the decree adopted earlier today by the government, introducing an obligation on the retail outlets to offer Bulgarian produce to local (regional) producers on their sites.