- Canada's economy shrank by about 9% in MarchAdministrator • 2020-04-16 02:30:04Canada's gross domestic product (GDP) declined about 9 percent in March because of the coronavirus crisis, the biggest monthly decline since 1961 - the first year that comparable data was used. This was reported by the Canadian Statistics Office in an unusually quick preliminary assessment quoted by the France Press.
- Bulgarian financier in New York: Pandemic shows US is not preparedAdministrator • 2020-04-16 00:30:05The COVID-19 pandemic has brought to light the weaknesses of the US economy, Bulgarian financier Yordan Kolev, who lives in New York, said as he participated in the “Face to Face” programme on BBC TV.
- Daniel Mitov: The COVID-19 crisis showed our dependence on ChinaAdministrator • 2020-04-15 23:30:17The coronavirus pandemic will not radically change the world, it will remain the same and 24 hours after the restrictions are dropped and quarantine, restaurants will fill up, former Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov said in “Face to Face” on BBC.
- Kristalina Georgieva: More than $8 trillion will be needed to exit the global economic crisisAdministrator • 2020-04-15 22:30:16The world community will have to mobilise more than $8 trillion to reverse the current global economic crisis, TASS quoted Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Kristalina Georgieva as saying at a press conference in Washington.
- Experts with a hot forecast for the price of gasolineAdministrator • 2020-04-15 21:30:16Retention of fuel prices despite the reduced yield agreed by OPEC+ predicted by the Bulgarian Petroleum and Gas Association. In front of BNT, the chairman of the organization Zivradar Terziev commented that the demand for fuels in Bulgaria decreased by almost 50% compared to April last year, facts.bg wrote.
- From the VMRO with an important proposal for all those who wish to rest the summerAdministrator • 2020-04-15 20:30:15The VMRO issued a proposal related to saving people and the economy in a pandemic. The party insists on vouchers for Bulgarians to plan their holidays and for food native production.
- Nikolay Vassilev predicts will bite us inflation because of the crisisAdministrator • 2020-04-15 19:30:17I am very glad that maybe for the 20th time a prime minister or government says that we will apply for membership in the ERM zone. After all these years we haven't done it, now's a good time.
- Economist from BAS: A second update of the budget can be expectedAdministrator • 2020-04-15 19:30:04Three scenarios for the socio-economic consequences in Bulgaria from the spread of COVID-19 were developed by the Institute for Economic Research at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, as BLIC has already reported. The most possible — peak at the end of June.