Financial and business news from Bulgaria

In Greece, economic support measures are already being implemented because of Covid-19

Since yesterday, the implementation of economic support measures for companies and households affected by the new coronavirus pandemic began in Greece, Kathimerini reports. In a special electronic platform, workers whose employment contracts have been temporarily terminated submit declarations for assistance of EUR 800.
Also, banks began calling on firms and borrowers to conclude agreements on rescheduling loan contributions - by September for legal entities and for three months for individuals. The procedure is done by phone without the need for a physical presence of borrowers in the bank branches.

Some banks are rescheduling contributions not only to those entitled who receive the assistance of EUR 800, but also to all borrowers who have been regular payers until now, BTA passes.

Reductions in payment amounts for all consumers announced by the Greek state-owned electricity company and other electricity suppliers.

The government has begun planning a new support package with the aim of including another 20 - 25 percent of firms - outside those 40 - 45 percent already covered by state support. Thus, in April a total of 60 - 70 percent of the companies will be in support mode.

The Greek Finance Ministry assured that the state had cash for three months without having to use the EUR 32 billion liquidity buffer.







tags:

Related news

The Coalition of the Innovative Ecosystem, which includes startups, accelerators and investors for start-up business development in Bulgaria, called for immediate action to support innovative small and medium-sized enterprises in the initial phase and growing phase (startups and scaleups), move.bg reported.Innovative startups want government support
Administrator • 2020-03-28 07:30:20
The Coalition of the Innovative Ecosystem, which includes startups, accelerators and investors for start-up business development in Bulgaria, called for immediate action to support innovative small and medium-sized enterprises in the initial phase and growing phase (startups and scaleups), move.bg reported.Germany urges EU to support dairy farmers
Administrator • 2020-04-16 12:30:04