News tagged with "amazon"
- Amazon buys MGM film studio for $8.45bnAdministrator • 2021-05-28 04:30:04Amazon is buying the film studio MGM (Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer), paying for it $8.45bn in hopes of providing more content for its streaming service, global agencies reported, dir.bg reported. It was the second-largest acquisition for the tech giant after buying grocery store chain Whole Foods for nearly $14bn in 2017.
- EC: Amazon abuses dominant position in online marketAdministrator • 2020-11-10 22:30:14European Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager announced Tuesday that tech giant Amazon (Amazon Inc.) had illegally distorted competition in online retail markets, BHP reported.
- A megadeal between Amazon and MercedesAdministrator • 2020-09-09 10:30:16The Amazon company struck a megadeal with Mercedes-Benz. The purpose of the deal is to keep the air clean.
- Facebook, Apple, Google and Amazon head to US CongressAdministrator • 2020-07-02 19:30:17Executives of Silicon Valley's largest companies — Facebook, Apple, Google and Amazon — will attend U.S. Congress hearings to testify about antitrust investigations, CNBS reports. For the first time in history, Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook), Tim Cook (Apple), Sundar Pichai (Google) and Jeff Bezos (Amazon) are gathering in front of US lawmakers. Considering the situation with the coronavirus, however, it is likely that the meeting will take place online, writes the Russian information site gazeta.ru.
- Elon Musk: Time to smash 'Amazon'Administrator • 2020-06-06 05:30:05Tesla (Tesla) CEO Elon Musk called for Amazon's split after an author complained on a social network that he had failed to publish his book through the platform of the world's largest online retailer, Reuters reports.
- New strike at Amazon for better protection than COVID-19Administrator • 2020-04-29 05:30:15Employees at Amazon (Amazon) warehouses have gone on strike again demanding better protection against the coronavirus. They were also supported by computer specialists at the company, the protest organizers said, quoted by France Press and BTA.
- Feasting during the plague: In just 100 days' Amazon 'got rich with...Administrator • 2020-04-18 12:30:18For some, the coronavirus is a curse, for others a blessing: since the beginning of 2020, Amazon boss Jeff Bezos has earned over $23 billion. And Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and others have lost several billion each, Deutsche Welle points out.
- France sues Amazon and halted some of its work, the giant didn't defend its footage from COVID-19Administrator • 2020-04-14 21:30:16A French court today reprimanded online trading giant Amazon over insufficient action to protect its employees from the coronavirus and ordered the company to temporarily suspend a number of its activities, DPA reported.
Amazon buys MGM film studio for $8.45bn
Administrator • 2021-05-28 04:30:04
Radev wants verification of Belarusian firm that made “Balkan Stream” under Yantra River
Administrator • 2021-05-28 03:30:05
The management of the road agency has also been fired (renewed)
Administrator • 2021-05-28 01:30:15